From:
Gary D Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary D Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:22:39 -0500
Jim and all:

Regarding the social side of the scratch-off... great point.   I have also

learned, though, that on-line, distance students are at times even more

social than those in-class!   So, how to engage them in a TBL type

experience, with scratch-off forms, remains a challenge.

Gary D. Lynne, Professor

Department of Agricultural Economics and

     School of Natural Resources

103B Filley

University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Lincoln, NE 68583-0922

USA

Website:  http://www.agecon.unl.edu/facultystaff/directory/lynne.html

Phone: 1-402-472-8281 Cell: 1-402-430-3100

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged

information, and are intended solely for the recipient(s) named above.  If

you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to

the named recipient, any review, distribution, dissemination or copying by

you is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should

notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the message from your

computer system and destroy any copies in any form.

"We are always only one failed generational transfer of knowledge away from

darkest ignorance" (Herman Daly)

"We do not just have our own interests. We share interests with others.

Empathy is neither altruistic nor self-interested. It rather exemplifies

the implicit solidarity of human nature" (Robert Solomon)

             Jim Sibley

             Sent by:                  [log in to unmask]

             Team-Based                                                 cc

             Learning

             <TEAMLEARNING-L@L                                     Subject

             IST.OLT.UBC.CA>           Re: online IF-AT

             09/17/2009 11:00

             AM

             Please respond to

                Jim Sibley

Dan Robinson at UT Austin does indeed have a PC version of IF-AT

Guess we could have at least one student per team bring a laptop.....hope

our wireless network can take it

The most popular clicker...iClicker has no mechanism for feedback....so

they couldn’t be tweaked to do this

I still think there is something fun, social, engaging with the scratch

off....that might be lost on a computer :-)

jim