Jim and all:

Regarding the social side of the scratch-off... great point. I have also learned, though, that on-line, distance students are at times even more social than those in-class! So, how to engage them in a TBL type experience, with scratch-off forms, remains a challenge.

Gary D. Lynne, Professor
Department of Agricultural Economics and
School of Natural Resources
103B Filley
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0922
USA
Website: http://www.agecon.unl.edu/facultystaff/directory/lynne.html
Phone: 1-402-472-8281 Cell: 1-402-430-3100
This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged information, and are intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the named recipient, any review, distribution, dissemination or copying by you is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies in any form.

"We are always only one failed generational transfer of knowledge away from darkest ignorance" (Herman Daly)
"We do not just have our own interests. We share interests with others. Empathy is neither altruistic nor self-interested. It rather exemplifies the implicit solidarity of human nature" (Robert Solomon)

Inactive hide details for Jim Sibley ---09/17/2009 11:00:05 AM---Dan Robinson at UT Austin does indeed have a PC version of IF-Jim Sibley ---09/17/2009 11:00:05 AM---Dan Robinson at UT Austin does indeed have a PC version of IF-AT

cc

Subject

Re: online IF-AT

Dan Robinson at UT Austin does indeed have a PC version of IF-AT

Guess we could have at least one student per team bring a laptop.....hope our wireless network can take it

The most popular clicker...iClicker has no mechanism for feedback....so they couldn’t be tweaked to do this

I still think there is something fun, social, engaging with the scratch off....that might be lost on a computer :-)

jim

On 09-09-17 8:43 AM, "Meeuwsen, Harry" <