From:
A HARTLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A HARTLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2013 14:36:42 +0000
Dear colleagues

We have introduced TBL across the whole of Year 1 in our new
undergraduate pharmacy degree at Bradford School of Pharmacy in the
UK.  This was started in September 2012 and we had to create all
resources from new.

We are just approaching the end of the taught component and are
preparing to undertake extensive review of the learning packs, the RAP
questions, the AEs, staff development, staff team working etc.  A
mammoth task in itself as we have four separate 'modules' each
containing between 5 to 8 'units'.  We would like to achieve this
through staff-peer review AND some element of student feedback.

We are full of enthusiasm and drive to do this well - we would like to
be able to prepare Year 2 materials having learnt from this review,
almost developing a best practice model for staff to work with when
designing the packs, class activities etc.

Has anyone out there got any words of wisdom or tools you have used to
complete what we call unit or module review?  We have lots of ideas
but are looking for advice from those who have done this before.  Our
usual 'module review process' required by the University as a whole
does not address our needs.

Kind regards

Alison Hartley

Programme Leader MPharm