From:
Thomas DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 07:33:24 -1000
Aloha Krisztina,

I generally allot a time frame for completing the assignment that is
slightly shorter than I expect they will need. This puts pressure on
everyone to focus on the assignment and not use time to discuss social
issues, which is often the case if a time frame is not assigned. I then
float from from group to group to provide guidance and monitor their
performance. If they need more time, you can always give it to them. It's
been my experience that groups that finish early do so because not a lot of
thought or detail has gone into their responses. I suggest that you examine
the responses provided by groups that finish early and spur them on to
provide greater justification and detail.

Cheers, Tom