Aloha Krisztina,

I generally allot a time frame for completing the assignment that is slightly shorter than I expect they will need. This puts pressure on everyone to focus on the assignment and not use time to discuss social issues, which is often the case if a time frame is not assigned. I then float from from group to group to provide guidance and monitor their performance. If they need more time, you can always give it to them. It's been my experience that groups that finish early do so because not a lot of thought or detail has gone into their responses. I suggest that you examine the responses provided by groups that finish early and spur them on to provide greater justification and detail.

Cheers, Tom