From:
Phil Ruder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Ruder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2020 13:16:00 -0700
Hi all,

At my institution, we are being required to offer our fall classes as HyFlex classes -- i.e. classes that include both a full ftf class and a fully online track with students allowed to move from one group to another. And the online portion cannot require synchronous participation via teleconferencing software.

I have found great resources to support TBL in an online modality. We were in that modality after mid-March in the spring term. Things went pretty well, in part because I had a lot of social capital built up from our two months of ftf class preceding the online portion. But I am pretty confident that I could build a good online course -- synchronous or asynchronous.

I find nothing on TBL in a HyFlex class.

Any suggestions? For resources to help or ideas about how to approach doing TBL in a HyFlex class.

Thank you,

Phil Ruder
Pacific University
Oregon, USA