From:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:42:23 +0100
Hi Paul

Thanks so much for your advice on this.  I just have one further issue that others may also be able to help with and that is how to manage the process in event of a student receiving negative feedback (even though it is anonymised).  The process we are considering is that throughout the module each member of the team will self-assess their contribution to the team using a traffic light system on the form you developed (see attached); and then the peer feedback will take place on the last day of the course.

We were thinking of several options: (i) students would be given the anonymised sheets to take away with them; or (ii) we would take away and score and send them a summary as you have suggested.  However this is quite labour intensive (we have 300 students in the group).  Whichever system we use that enables the students to receive the feedback from their peers, we are also concerned about how best to manage the process for the students who might receive negative feedback.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Best wishes

Jenny

Dr Jenny Morris
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Health Studies
Faculty of Health, Education and Society
University of Plymouth
Knowledge Spa
Treliske
Truro TR1 3HD
Cornwall

Tel: 01872 256461
Web: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/faculties/health

'High quality education for high quality care'