From:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:10:49 -0600
Karla,

The medical education folks have developed and tested (TBL course
outcomes vs. other formats including lecture and Problem Based Learning)
a couple of instruments that might do some of what you want.  They are
the Classroom Engagement Survey and the Value of Teams Survey.  The best
place to get the information is at the Baylor College of Medicine web
site <http://www.bcm.edu/fac-ed/team_learning/tools_resources.html>.

Larry

Larry K. Michaelsen
Professor of Management
Dockery 400G
Central Missouri State University
Warrensburg, MO 64093
O: 660 543-4124
F: 660 543-8465

>>> "Kubitz, Karla" <[log in to unmask]> - 1/19/05 11:20 AM >>>
Hi all,
I think I remember there was a questionnaire (or a set of questions)
that might be used to evaluate a TBL class (... questions about the
process as well as questions like 'did you do anything differently in
other classes as a result of your experience').  I don't have easy
access to the book.  Every time I want it I have to order it via ILL.
If anyone has a copy of the questions (or something similar) and
wouldn't mind sharing them, I'd appreciate it.  I'd like to use
something a bit more than the numeric evaluation form required by my
University to evaluate my TBL class.  Thanks.  Karla