From:
Noam Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Noam Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:43:37 -0800
Dear fellow TBLers.
This is my second semester using TBL in a course about human rights. Last
semester I ran into a slight problem while calculating the peer evaluation
score at the end of the course. I was using peer evaluation as an
independent grade component, a.k.a. Michaelsen's procedure. I took this
component of the grade to be 10% of the final grade. When I actually
calculated the grades, I realized that since the average students score is
always 10, some students get more than 10. Given the suggested formula in
the book, these students effectively receive extra credit, and the overall
course final grades were inflated.
Am I missing anything, or is this the way intended?
Thanks,
Noam
Noam Perry
Lecturer