From:
Daniel Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:58:19 -0400
Gail:

Let me restate what you said to make sure I am clear.
Midterm evaluation with 2 implications:
1.  Does not figure in to that portion designated in the overall grade for
peer evaluations, but serves as advanced warning of what they are likely to
get.
2.  Does count as an immediate assignment to be counted in the "individual
work" column for the student's grade.

If my 2nd point is true, are you grading the assignment based on
completion?  Student 1 completed an evalution for students 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Therefore student 1 gets a full score on that assignment.  I see that may
motivate people to put more effort and thought than otherwise would occur.
Interesting point, I will consider this aspect as well.

Thanks!
Dan