From:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:24:29 -0500
Jenny,

Although I don't know of any empirical data on this issue either, I
completely agree with Paul. The only thing I might add is that, based on
the experience of those who have inclluded self-assessments, there seems to
be a general pattern that the better students (highest-rated) tend to
underestimate their contributions (modesty?/confidence that their grade
will be OK anyway?) and the worse students tend to score themselves higher
than their peers (fear/self preservation?).

Larry

--
Larry K. Michaelsen, Professor of Management