From:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:53:17 -0500
Well I not sure if this answers it but here's how I do it. I test my
students using eInstruction CPS student response system. Using the split
choice is easy. Just repeat each item 3 times. When in student managed
mode, CPS allows me to see how the students are doing as they complete
the test. So when they are doing their T-RAT, they bring me their paper
copy when they have finished. I check their score on CPS. It shows me
not only how many the missed but which ones. I circle the items missed
and draw a line through the incorrect answer. In the first round they
earn 50% of the point for items corrected. In the second round any items
still not correct, I put an "X" next to it and draw a line through the
second wrong choice. This usually leaves them with a 50-50 chance of
getting it right. If they get it right, they earn back 25% of the missed
points. Obviously, if they get it wrong, then the correct answer is
apparent. Of course if they got them all right the first time, they get
100% of the points.

I hope this helps.

--

Herb Coleman,Ph.D
Dir. Instructional Computing and Technology

---Professor Melvin Tolson
    from the motion picture "The Great Debaters"