From:
"Sibley, James Edward" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sibley, James Edward
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 15:52:52 +0000
Hi

I think Kevin¡¯s advice is good¡¦IF..you are doing Cooperative learning¡¦.NOT if you are doing Team-Based Learning

When we do TBL there is absolutely no need to define team roles¡¦the listserv had a nice exchange a couple of weeks ago about this¡¦I captured it here

http://learntbl.ca/team-skills/

Also with TBL¡¦ you really don¡¯t want to mess with things that mess with team cohesion

So my advice¡¦.keep same teams long-term and don¡¯t worry about assigning roles (its unnecessary)

Cheers

jim

--

Jim Sibley

Director

Centre for Instructional Support

http://cis.apsc.ubc.ca/

Faculty of Applied Science

University of British Columbia

2205-6250 Applied Science Lane

Vancouver, BC Canada

V6T 1Z4

Phone 604.822.9241

Email: [log in to unmask]<applewebdata:[log in to unmask]>

Check out my new book Getting Started with Team-Based Learning available at Stylus Publishing<https://styluspub.presswarehouse.com/Books/SearchResults.aspx?str=getting+started+with+team-based+learning>

Check out TBL at www.learntbl.ca

? Copyright 2014, Jim Sibley, All rights reserved The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments (collectively "message") is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (or recipients) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the message.