From:
Dee Fink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2013 10:11:52 -0500
Sharona,

This is so common:  "It might work there but it won't work with _____ [fill
in the blank: my discipline, my students, my institution, etc.]!"

It may be "too far afield", but the original TBL book has two chapters in
it by professors who used TBL in chemistry (Chap. 5) and biology (Chap. 6).
They describe what they did and what happened, in terms of student
engagement and student learning, when they used TBL in those courses.

Dee

--
L. Dee Fink

**Former President of the POD Network in Higher Education (2004-2005)
**Author of: *Creating Significant Learning Experiences* (2003, Jossey-Bass)
**National Project Director:  Teaching & Curriculum Improvement (TCI)
Project
**Senior Associate, Dee Fink & Associates Consulting Services