From:
"Scallen, Eileen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scallen, Eileen
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:11:34 -0500
Hi all--

I used TBL in my Civil Procedure course this past spring.  As I expected, some students love it and some hate it and some are indifferent.  I am trying to revise and adjust the exercises to reduce the number of students who hate it.

I do not let students keep the multiple choice questions or exams after the IRAT/GRAT process (it is pretty hard to write new ones all the time).  The students complain that they don't have a way of recording the "take-away" points or lessons they've learned from the process b/c the process is so interactive and goes so quickly they don't have time to take notes.

Has anyone addressed this problem?  If so, how?

Eileen A. Scallen
Professor of Law
William Mitchell College of Law
(651) 290-6323