From:
"Kubitz, Karla" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kubitz, Karla
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:44:43 -0400
Hi all,
I'm always on the lookout for new, more effective application exercises
for my sport and exercise psychology classes.  I came up with an idea,
similar to one described in Michaelsen's first TBL book, and would like
to ask for some feedback or suggestions on how best to implement the
idea as an application exercise.  As a first integrative assignment this
semester, I had my teams use their knowledge of exercise psychology to
create a poster depicting an 'ideal' community.  They did a very nice
job.  It occurred to me that the 'next step' might be to have them use
their knowledge base AND do the research necessary to choose the best
from among several somewhat randomly chosen communities.  I'd like to
hear any feedback that you might be able to give on this particular
assignment.  For example, I was wondering whether it'd be best to pick
three local areas (so that they might visit and observe the communities)
or to pick three distant areas (and encourage internet-based research)?
Feedback about other implementation issues that occur to any of you will
also be appreciated.  Thanks.  Karla Kubitz