From:
Laura Madson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Madson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:08:12 +0000
Dear TBL Colleagues, ?
You are invited to participate in a study exploring factors that predict faculty members' use of active learning techniques in undergraduate courses. As faculty members ourselves, we understand how busy you are and would greatly appreciate it if you would share your viewpoint and expertise.

The study is open to all part-time and full-time faculty members who are teaching at least one undergraduate course this semester that involves a significant amount of student "in class" or "seat" time. You do not need to be using active learning techniques in order to participate.

Should you choose to participate, you will answer questions about your teaching techniques and your attitudes and beliefs about active learning techniques.  The survey will take about 15 minutes.
To have the most impact, we need to receive your survey responses within one week (7 days) after you receive this email. The instructions and survey items are located at this URL:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X3CZR5J

The project is being conducted by Drs. Laura Madson and David Trafimow from the New Mexico State University Department of Psychology, and Dr. Tara Gray from the New Mexico State University Teaching Academy. It has been approved by the New Mexico State University Institutional Review Board.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me (Laura Madson) directly at [log in to unmask]

We thank you in advance for helping us better understand the factors that predict faculty members' use of active learning techniques in undergraduate courses.

 ?