From:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:24:19 -0500
Kristina,

That's a new one for me as well. I agree with Jim's suggestion for dealing
with the problem at this point. However, I'm wondering if the reason for
the plagiarism might be in the nature of the question itself. I think the
reason I've never had any plagiarism is that my team exams are ALL
applications--often using a full-lengh feature film as a "case." Thus,
there is never an answer in the textbook (or anywhere else) for the teams
to look up. In fact, one of my rules of thumb is that I recommend NEVER
giving an assignment where it is even possible for students to "look up"
the answer. When you do, it changes the nature of the assignment from a
thinking (thus, discussing) assignment to "looking-up" assignment. Thus,
the sensible way to get it done isn't talking--it is letting the best
looker(s) complete the assignment on behalf of the team.

Larry

--
Larry K. Michaelsen, Professor of Management