From:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:36:22 -0500
Usually, I can tell when students are not going to make it because they
stop coming to class. I have a couple of students in an Intro to Psych
class taught on a Sunday afternoon, that seem totally disinterested.
They don't seem to give much in the way of discussion to the group and
only help with the mechanics, (writing up or entering the teams
answers). Their iRATs are abysmal. We are ending our first unit so this
will also be our first peer reviews so I hope these things will take
care of themselves. I also plan to directly address the offenders. I was
just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before?

--

Herb Coleman,Ph.D
Dir. Instructional Computing and Technology

---Professor Melvin Tolson
    from the motion picture "The Great Debaters"