From:
Dianne York <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dianne York <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 02:38:12 -0700
Tamara,

I like your idea of rotating where the teams sit, and I may try to incorporate
that strategy next semester. I can see the advantages.

I have 180 to 200 students per semester in 4 sections, and I teach in a room
with stadium seating. I make a seating chart and use it for attendance, as well
as to help with learning students' names - always a challenge for me.

I don't think rotating every 3 weeks would work for me, but I might try
changing things at midterm or maybe every 5 weeks (2x per semester).

My concerns are the confusion it might cause when I take attendance, or call
on a Team for an answer - I'm sure there will be several occasions when I'm
looking in the wrong place! Plus I have students who specifically request to sit
at the front.

Dianne York, M.S., MT(ASCP)
Lecturer, Biology
Lincoln University, PA