From:
Neil Haave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Haave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2022 10:03:59 -0600
My sense in my small corner of the world is that this decreased
dramatically. What did increase were colleagues scrambling for resources
and assistance to facilitate the transition to online teaching and
learning. Because faculty only have so much time, the time required to tool
up for online teaching and learning came at the expense of other faculty
development communities. In my own small campus, our SoTL Journal Club has
been on hiatus since 2020 because of the time and effort it required for
all of us who had never taught online to quickly get up to speed to give
our students a quality learning experience. My hope is that those faculty
development communities start up again next year.

Fingers crossed...

Neil

*Neil Haave, PhD (He/Him/His)*Professor, Biology
<https://www.augustana.ualberta.ca/disciplines/biology/>, Augustana
Faculty, Camrose, AB
[image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email
signature] <https://www.name-coach.com/neil-haave>
email <[log in to unmask]> | website
<https://www.ualberta.ca/augustana/about-us/academic-staff/neil-haave> |
blog <http://activelylearning2teach.blogspot.ca/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/nhaave> | LinkedIn
<https://ca.linkedin.com/in/neilhaave>

The Augustana Campus of the University of Alberta is located at  ᐊᓯᓂᐢᑲᐤ
ᓰᐲᓯᐢ (asiniskaw sipisis) in Treaty 6 territory. This territory provided a
travelling route and home to the Maskwacis Nêhiyawak, Niitsitapi, Nakoda,
and Tsuut'ina Nations, the Métis, and other Indigenous peoples.

The University of Alberta is located in ᐊᒥᐢᑿᒌᐚᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ (Amiskwacîwâskahikan)
on Treaty 6 territory, the territory of the Papaschase, and the homeland of
the Métis Nation.