From:
"Kubitz, Karla" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kubitz, Karla
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:32:54 -0400
Hello TBL colleagues,

I've a couple of questions that I'd like to put out there for some
feedback.

First, how do you tell whether your RATs are too hard?  My students have
been averaging about 66-67% on their individual RATs and about 93-94% on
their team RATs.  That's across three classes and across 4 RATs so far
this semester.  Does that sound like they're too hard?

Second, I just did a class session to look at team processes (along the
lines of the one suggested in Michaelsen's book) where you ask the teams
what behaviors have helped, hurt, etc.  I also included the question
about what the instructor could do to make the class better.  In both of
my classes, I got the suggestion to lecture before the RATs instead of
after.  Any suggestions on how to respond to the classes about this
suggestion?

Karla