From:
Judy Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judy Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:07:48 -0300
Hello Tony,
Based on my novice experience designing and co-facilitating a TBL course I
wouldn't recommend starting with 3 courses. Despite the fact that my courses
have always been learner-centred, and I always used groups and cases I still
had many adjustments/transitions to make (even to my own way of thinking
about issues such as peer assessment - which I had always avoided like the
plague). However I embraced the principles and practices of TBL. A course
co-facilitator and I actually did a presentation on our experience with TBL
at the recent Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIR)
conference. Included in our presentation were lessons learned.

I don't teach in the Business Faculty, however if you would like me to send
the course syllabus to review (it's a health science course 'Communication
for Health Professionals') I'd be pleased to do so,
Judy Buchanan
University of New Brunswick Saint John