From:
Thomas DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:07:24 -1000
Erica,

I'm a little hesitant to let students set the weights, as they quickly learn that tRATs yield higher scores,  some of my groups get 100% all semester.  What I ended up doing was setting a weight of 40% for RATS in the syllabus and after a week of class I let them determine the weights of the iRAT and the tRAT, but put a ceiling on the tRAT weight (15%). Naturally, they chose the ceiling, but at least they were able to determine it.

Cheers, Tom

Tom DeWitt Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Marketing
College of Business and Economics