From:
Dee Fink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2010 18:42:41 -0500
Hello Members of the TBL List:

For some years now, Larry Michaelsen and I have realized the deep connection
between *good course design* and *TBL*.  If you understand learning-centered
course design, you will understand why it is so important to have a good
teaching strategy like TBL.

Acting on the assumption that understanding good course design will help
people interested in TBL, I want to give you information about a NEW WEBSITE
ON COURSE DESIGN.

1.  The *URL *for the website is:  www.designlearning.org

2.  It contains *multiple kinds of information and resources*:

   -

   Information on ways to learn the basics of good course design
   -

   Resources (handouts, ideas, short papers, etc.) that can help develop
   good course designs
   -

   Examples of good course design  (we have a few posted; we hope people
   will submit more)
   -

   Ways to communicate with others:  a listserv and a special topics forum
   -

   News and information about upcoming events

     (If this looks familiar, it is because we used the TBL website as a
guide)

3.  *Course Design Listserv*

If you would like to sign up for the course design listserv, here is the
link to go to for the listserv:
https://lists.ou.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=DESIGNLEARNING-L

      Once here, click on: "Join or leave DESIGNLEARNING-L", and follow the
prompts.

I hope you will visit the website and explore the resources on it.

My Best,   Dee

--
L. Dee Fink

**National Project Director:  Teaching & Curriculum Improvement (TCI)
Project
**Senior Associate, Dee Fink & Associates Consulting Services
**Author of: Creating Significant Learning Experiences
**Former President of the POD Network in Higher Education (2004-2005)