From:
Carla Lupi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carla Lupi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2014 16:37:58 +0000
Medical Teacher just published the following on TBL learning outcomes in health professions education as part of their highly regarded BEME - Best Evidence in Medical Education – series. While within the TBL collaborative, members have noted certain differences in at least student reaction to certain elements of TBL when comparing medical students to others, I'm sure there's something for everyone to learn from this. And it's definitely the best starting place, in my opinion, to get a good summary of what we do and do not know in HP education about TBL learning outcomes.

The effectiveness of team-based learning on learning outcomes in health professions education: BEME Guide No. 30.   Medical Teacher 2013:35: e1608–1624.

Carla Lupi, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
Assistant Dean for Learning and Teaching
Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
11200 SW 8th Street, AHC-2, Room 458
Miami, Florida 33199