From:
Marianne Omalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2020 08:14:40 -0700
text/plain (7 kB) , text/html (40 kB) , image008.png (6 kB) , image014.jpg (27 kB) , image001.png (77 kB) , image003.png (217 kB) , image005.png (149 kB) , image006.png (149 kB) , image011.png (149 kB) , image012.jpg (149 kB)
Thank you. You have all been remarkably helpful. Stealing from your good ideas, the following is my revised plan. I would welcome comments! And suggestions about how to make the simpler!

Goals: Use Canvas to administer the iRAT and tRAT and file grades into gradebook.

Before the tests

1.	Create the iRAT as an ungraded survey.. Use student submission of the iRAT as an indication as to whether the student participated in the tRAT. Adjust Canvas’ settings to shuffle answers, allow only one attempt, and not show the answers upon completion.
2.	Make two copies of the ungraded survey in #1. Assign the first copy to team recorders (the person responsible for filling out the team’s forms). Assign the second copy to all other students. Adjust Canvas’ settings to NOT shuffle answers (important, so that every student sees the same order of questions during the tRAT process). Also adjust the settings to allow three attempts, see questions marked wrong, and get the average of the grades from these three attempts.
3.	Create a “no submission” assignment for all teams. (This is a placeholder for the tRAT score.)

After the tests

4.	Change the form of the test under #1 to a graded quiz. Note the students who did not submit this test and thus are ineligible for a tRAT grade.
5.	Determine the scores from the ungraded surveys submitted by the team recorders.
6.	Manually assign grades for #3, using the grades shown in #5 for all students who participated in the iRAT.

Advantages of this approach

*	With the exception of step #6, direct involvement by the instructor is minimal.
*	All grades flow to Campus’ gradebook.
*	All students see the same order of questions and answers on the tRAT, facilitating team discussion.