From:
John Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:03:35 -0400
We're starting to use clickers instead of scantrons as well.

As far as I can tell, the only way NOT to kill trees and NOT use
scantrons is to have students bring their own laptop to class and
complete the quiz, perhaps in a course management system. This way
they see the questions AND answer choices. But as long as you don't
allow them to see the CORRECT answers for the online individual quiz,
they can use one member's laptop to see the questions and then
complete the IF-AT answer sheet "team quiz."

There was a thread a few months ago on this list about how to even use
an online quiz for the team quiz, but I have to say there really is no
substitute for the energy of people working with the scratch off cards
hoping to hit jackpot on their first answer choice. Great stuff.

The only reason I'd like to see the online team quiz option is so an
online-only class might be able to experience what a Face-to-Face or
hybrid/blended class does with the team scratch off cards. While the
video conferencing tools are getting better, the only problem for an
online class is security: how do you guarantee that online students
aren't skipping to the "open book" (appeals stage) that is supposed to
come AFTER the team quiz.

Later,

John