From:
John Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:46:59 -0400
Francis,

The sad thing is I think even the students know what's right or wrong
or fair.

But the tyranny of "earning" a grade (as if a certain number of points
= learning) has caused some to become creative in ways we're forced to
guard against. I agree, sometimes the "guarding" gets to be more
trouble than it's worth.

But I do like Michael Sweet's approach.

Best,

John

John Fritz
Asst. VP, Instructional Technology & New Media
UMBC Office of Information Technology
410.455.6596 | [log in to unmask] | www.umbc.edu/~fritz