From:
Francis Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francis Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:30:44 -0700
Hello

I use TBL in geophysics and related courses, and am an avid fan for a
variety of reasons. However I would like to find a few key references
which show objective evidence that teams (or TBL) result in better
student performance than more traditional teaching strategies.

I do know of the bibliography at
http://teambasedlearning.apsc.ubc.ca/?page_id=21
and at least two of those are excellent, and I do have two of the
Michaelsen books. But I was hoping someone could help me find papers
with recent, hard experimental or empirical evidence of learning gains
that are better than other teaching strategies, rather than articles
which focus on anecdote, or implementation case histories.

Many thanks in advance for the advice - Francis.
| Francis Jones, Science Education & Applied Geophysics,
| Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative,
| Department of Earth & Ocean Sciences, UBC.
| http://www.eos.ubc.ca/public/people/faculty/F.Jones.html
NOTE THAT I TRY TO ANSWER EMAILS WITHIN 2-3 business days.