From:
Ken Gunnells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Gunnells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:01:08 -0800
There are changes I want to make to my class, but I need advice in 2 areas.

1. I want to have students use iPeer to give useful and helpful feedback. How do I prepare
them to give kind and useful feedback? How do I prepare students to receive that feedback
and use it to improve?

2. I want to have student decide two issues related to grades, but I'm not sure of how to
handle a couple of things. Here are the issues:

A. Under what circumstances, if any, will team members who are absent during a graded
team assignment get credit for the team's work?

B. Under what circumstances, if any, will members who are absent be allowed to make up an
individual assignment?

How do I set up the in-class negotiation? What parameters do I impose? What is reasonable?

Thanks

Ken Gunnells