From:
Andrew W Keitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew W Keitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2014 13:05:09 +0000
I know that appeals are only granted to teams, but I’m have some push back on this policy and am having trouble justifying it. Let’s say there are two answers and there is a good case to be made that they are equally plausible—the team picks the “correct” answer, but the individual student, although she has made a good argument for her choice, is out of luck. In a big class it’s not feasible to entertain each individual appeal, but apart from logistics I’m having a hard time justifying it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to deal with this?

Thanks!

Andrew Keitt