From:
Francis Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francis Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:50:30 -0700
Hello Michael,

First, I am interested in evidence-based research that measures the
effect of any interventions (TBL or others) aimed explicitly at
improving students' metacognitive skills. For example, what pre-post
testing procedures might be effective at demonstrating positive change
in metacognition?

If others have demonstrated effective techniques, my next question would
be whether any have been employed within TBL settings to demonstrate how
this teaching / learning strategy can improve metacognitive skills.

Any pointers would be much appreciated;

Thanks, Francis