From:
"Sibley, James Edward" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sibley, James Edward
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:14:37 +0000
Hi

You are probably referring to the ideas from the Gary Smith article in the National Teaching and Learning Fourm Newsletter….Larry brought it to our attention a few years ago

Smith, G.A., (2008) First Day Questions for the Learner-Centered Classroom<http://www.ntlf.com/html/ti/v17n5comp.pdf>. National Teaching and Learning Forum. Vol. 17. No.5

Also I attached an excerpt from my book about this activity and an interesting way to extend it

take care

jim

Jim Sibley

Director

Centre for Instructional Support

http://cis.apsc.ubc.ca/

Faculty of Applied Science

University of British Columbia

2205-6250 Applied Science Lane

Vancouver, BC Canada

V6T 1Z4

Phone 604.822.9241

Email: [log in to unmask]<applewebdata:[log in to unmask]>

Check out my new book Getting Started with Team-Based Learning available at Stylus Publishing<https://styluspub.presswarehouse.com/Books/SearchResults.aspx?str=getting+started+with+team-based+learning>

Check out TBL at www.learntbl.ca

© Copyright 2014, Jim Sibley, All rights reserved The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments (collectively "message") is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (or recipients) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the message.