From:
Dean Parmelee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dean Parmelee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 12:27:13 -0400
We've have about 8 years experience with this, 1600+ students.  In
our year one curriculum, a student must achieve a 70% or better on a
course's exams in order for the TBL component to be added in.  This
prevents
any 'slipping through.'  In the second year, we do not do this, but
we've looked
at the 'inflation factor' and it's about 1.5% overall.  This is an
important 'contextual'
question - so far, we're happy doing the way we are doing it.  Dean
Dean Parmelee, M.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Wright State University