From:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2016 05:45:11 +0000
The definitive answer is that we had been using Team Learning from about
1985 and had written a number of articles under that name. However, while
we were doing the final page edits for the 2002 book, we learned that one
of the schools where I had done some workshops had started using TL in a
number of classes and had applied to trademark the term Team Learning. As a
result, we were nervous about using TL in the upcoming book. At that point,
we did a global "find and replace" on the entire manuscript of the book so,
instead of Team Learning, the process became Team-Based Learning.

--
Larry K. Michaelsen, Emeritus Professor of Management