From:
Sophie Sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sophie Sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 19:26:56 -0400

Dear Hope,

In the event that this has not been answered, here's how we handle it at our law school:

anonymous grading is done whenever possible.
So, for example, on the final exam, which is the biggest discriminator, the grades are anonymous.
Other grades, such as those on
IRats
GRats
Team projects (2)
peer evaluation

are all named.
The named grades are compiled and sent to the registrar.

I get back a spread sheet with exam numbers (anonymous) and total scores.
I assign the grades anonymously and  don't know who gets which grades.

Sophie

Sophie M. Sparrow
Professor of Law
University of NH School of Law
2 White Street
Concord, NH 03301
603-513-5205
603.225-9647 FAX

>>> Hope Bliss <[log in to unmask]> 11/1/2010 1:50 PM >>>
I am working with a law professor whose policy requires anonymous grading, so
that he does not know whose grades are whose.  How can this work with Peer
Evaluation?

As of August 30, 2010, Franklin Pierce Law Center has affiliated with the University of New Hampshire and is now known as the University of New Hampshire School of Law. Please note that all email addresses have changed and now follow the convention: [log in to unmask] For more information on the University of New Hampshire School of Law, please visit law.unh.edu