From:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2017 09:35:45 -0800
Hi Jen

Because you (and I) are in British Columbia....which has stricter
protection of information laws than the rest of Canada....you have fewer
options

iPeer is an option....it even integrates with Blackboard.......Vancouver
Island University buys iPeer services from my institution (UBC)...so they
don't need to run their own servers

Typically the tools outside of Canada aren't legally accessible to
us....CATME, Team Mates, Spark Plus. Google forms...etc....BC laws says
student information needs to stay inside Canada

BUT...I did have faculty member go to campus legal counsel and got
permission to use CATME

Links to the various options can be found on this page on my website
(bottom of page)

http://learntbl.ca/technology-that-can-help-tbl/

take Care

jim

*Educational Consultant specializing in Team-Based Learning*

Read my TBL book Getting Started with Team–Based Learning
<http://learntbl.ca/book>

Visit my TBL website at www.learntbl.ca

Take my TBL course http://learntbl.ca/take-a-course/ and build your first
TBL

module in just 2 weeks

Jim Sibley and Amanda Bradley
106-2575 West 4th Ave.
Vancouver, BC
Canada

h 604-564-1043
w 604-822-9241

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 5:10 AM, Rongerude, Jane M [C R P] <[log in to unmask]