From:
Melissa Michelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melissa Michelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:37:28 -0700
I did plan ahead somewhat. Every other Friday was movie day and everyone who
attended and filled out an "active viewing worksheet" got a point. That's
something new.  But then during the term when a group activity turned out to
be a dud I would give very easy grades on it.

So, I think in the future I would be less lenient if only because the group
activities would, I hope, be better. I will probably keep the movie idea for
MWF courses. It gives students the option of a day off if they're doing
well, and that makes everyone happy.

-Melissa