From:
David Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:23:59 -0500
Hi friends,

I hope this message finds you well. I am in George Mason University's
industrial-organizational psychology doctoral program, and I am hoping to
find a couple of classrooms that utilize team-oriented projects to collect
data for my dissertation.  I am interested in understanding various factors
that contribute to a team's ability to integrate divergent perspectives
(i.e., cognitive disagreements), and TBL seems like a great environment to
do so.

I would hope to contribute to your learning goals as well.  For example,
are you interested in learning anything about how to best organize your
class's TBL teams to achieve certain outcomes (maximizing information
sharing, maximize teamwork capabilities, minimize conflict, etc.)?  Also I
would attempt to make data collection as non-invasive and as little of a
burden on you and the students as possible.  In fact, I believe most, if
not all, could be collected via electronic media.

Given that I am in the Washington, DC area, it would be ideal to find
classes in the general area (Virginia, DC, MD), but I remain open to the
idea of working with classes in other parts of the US.

I'd be very grateful to hear from anyone who might be willing to explore
this a bit further.  My email address is [log in to unmask]

I hope to hear from you.

Thank you,
David Geller