From:
Sandy Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:17:29 +0800
We have done those options (wireless access in the room, plus school
computer per group, permit web access, permit paper and electronic
submissions), plus:

We have them add a statement that they verify that the submission was
done by the group (an honor code issue).  And we give them till 5pm the
next day - a bit longer to submit; although 99% are submitted that day
due to the need to move on to the next topic.  They generally work on it
after the session while it is fresh in their minds.

On a similar note - a questions about appeals and regular exams.  We
have found the value of the IRA-GRA process so powerful that just about
anytime they have an exam we let the groups go through the questions in
a GRA format (not for points, but for learning).  This leads to exam
question appeals too.  It helps us understand which questions were
confusing and ambiguous, but not sure about giving extra points after
the exam based on the appeals.  Has anyone tried that? How do you score
them?

Sandy

Sandy COOK, PhD | Associate Dean, Curriculum Development | Duke-NUS
Graduate Medical School Singapore | W: (65) 6516 8722| F: (65) 6227 2698