From:
Don McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:48:27 -0800
Good point.

I realized that by confusing "readiness assurance" with "readiness
assessment" I have inadvertently turned into Emily Litella, the
character from Saturday Night Live's first season. Gilda Radner
played her and she always rebutted editorials from Weekend Update
where she got worked up because she misheard some term. Then Jane
Curtin would correct her, saying things like, "Uh, that's 'UNICEF',
not unisex." or  "The editorial was on bussing schoolchildren. Not
busting." or "Miss Litella, President Ford wants to make Puerto Rico
a state. Not a steak." Then Emily would squint and grin into the
camera and say "Oh, well, well that's very different.  Never mind."

So, in the spirit of Emily Litella, I feel I must say (with a squint
and a grin) about my confusion of "assurance" with "assessment"--oh,
well, well that's very different.  Never mind.

- Don