From:
Susan Hazel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Hazel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:38:22 +0000
Hi All,
Thanks so much for the most helpful comments I've received from the listserve-they are the reason I love this listserve so much. I do need to go back to the basics of the assessment task a bit more and decide on what I really want the students to be able to do at the end of it. I'm having to give this some thought as I use TBL, but have other instructors and don't use it for the whole of my 2 courses. This meant that I added the TBL to specific units, but kept the assessments I'd been using in pre-TBL days. When you first change-over you have so much to think about it's not top of the list to change everything, but now TBL is bedded down more I am looking at the assessment tasks. Plus a workshop run by Larry Michaelsen in Adelaide last year made me realise I was using TBL in half the course but then completely ignoring TBL principles in the remainder of the course......
Best wishes,
Susan

Susan Hazel BVSc BSc(Vet) PhD GradCert (Public Health) MACVSc
Lecturer in Animal Behaviour, Welfare and Ethics
School of Animal & Veterinary Sciences
THE UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE
Roseworthy SA 5371 Australia
Ph    : +61 8 8313 7828
Fax   : +61 8 8313 7972
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
IMPORTANT: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you think it was sent to you by mistake, please delete all copies and advise the sender. For the purposes of the SPAM Act 2003, this email is authorised by The University of Adelaide.
Think green: read on the screen.