From:
"Rice, Gail (LLU)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rice, Gail (LLU)
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2017 20:32:42 +0000
Hello Laura -  I think you did the right thing – I had this kind of situation years ago and didn’t deal with it quickly enough.  (it was a case of 5 women and 1 man, who acted like he was the head of the harem) The students went to the sexual harassment people on campus and I was immediately under fire.  We did replace him, but the whole experience created a poison that affected the entire class.  Whenever there is anything “sexual” involved, the rules about leaving teams together get changed in a hurry.

Gail Rice, EdD, EdS, RN, CHES

Professor, School of Allied Health Professions

Director, Faculty Development

Director, Graduate Assistant Program

Loma Linda University

Nichol Hall 1916