From:
"Smith, David W" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Smith, David W
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:25:02 -0500
Give some credit toward the final grade for class participation. I use
enough to be the difference between an A and a B.

If someone is not present, without a valid excuse, then they get
negative credit for the day. If they show up and do not participate,
then they get zero credit for the day.

No single day is worth much, but this seems to make a difference in
attendance.

David Smith

David W. Smith, Ph.D., M.P.H.

Biostatistics Division

San Antonio Campus

University of Texas School of Public Health

(210) 562-5512