From:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Michaelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:18:43 -0600
Based on my experience, what you describe is extremely rare (although it
does happen). If you've had it happen before (which it sounds like it has),
part of the problem might be some aspect of your TBL implementation. Before
I would offer a recommendation, I'd like to know several things that might
explain the outcome:
1) How were the RATs conducted (iRAT in-class? Did you use IF-ATs? What
were the average iRAT and tRAT scores? What was the pattern of scores
within this specific team? How much did the iRAT and tRAT scores "count"?
2) What did other team members' reasons for giving her a lower grade?
3) What was the pattern of scores within the team?
4) How much did the peer evaluation affect the grade?
5) Did members' final exam scores affect other team members?

Larry

--
Larry K. Michaelsen, Professor of Management