From:
Patrick Dodd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Dodd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 01:31:42 +0000
Hello all,

A couple of weeks back there was an exchange of emails regarding how to effectively and efficiently collect and distribute peer feedback.

A colleague and I have been working on a peer feedback system for the past year or so and have a production version that we have been using across our campus as well as in another faculty at a different university here in New Zealand. Our system, which we call “Peer Assess Pro” provides teachers and team members with quantitative and qualitative information that enables timely, constructive conversations focused on precise pinpointing of team members’ strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to improve their contribution to their team’s achievement. Specifically, Peer Assess Pro comprises several elements:

  *   A survey, in which students anonymously rate the relative performance of their team members across ten contribution attributes, and provides qualitative feedback on how a specific team member might improve their contribution to the team’s achievement

  *   An analysis spreadsheet that calculates statistical data, and collates qualitative feedback on an individual, team, and class basis

·         A distribution system that enables personalised results to be emailed to each respondent.

The current version is extremely reliable and ready for widespread use. That said, we are focusing our efforts on making it more user friendly. With that in mind, we would like to have more educators using the system so that we can get feedback on how we can improve the system.

We have a created a promo video that you can access at the following url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGzH2kVsD7A

If you are interested in giving Peer Asses Pro a go in your classes, please fill out the short form found here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSciCewI9P5DIXNxY6364d6IHi9p1Db1BhPVray0rf-YctOMfA/viewform> and we will provide you with a link to the Peer Assess Pro system within 24 hours. I would also like to assure you that we will be available to provide any support that you may need should you have any questions or issues with the system.

Regards,

Patrick Dodd

Unitec Notice: This email, including any attachments, may contain information which is confidential or subject to legal privilege or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you may not read, use, copy or disclose it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately and then delete this email from your system.