From:
"Kubitz, Karla" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kubitz, Karla
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:14:58 -0400
Hi all,
I'm on sabbatical this summer/ fall from my University in the U.S. and am getting ready to teach a course in Motor Learning at the U of Tasmania in Australia!  I've taught the course several times before using TBL but I haven't taught with the same sort of scheduling setup that I will have here.  I typically teach classes that meet 2-3X a week for 50-75 min.  Here I'll have a 2 hour lecture meeting 1X a week with all enrolled students (probably 50-60 students in a lecture hall setting) and three different 1 1/2 hr tutorials meeting 1X a week with small groups of students (probably 20 students per tutorial) in a classroom/ lab setting.  I'd like to hear some thoughts or experiences about how best to utilize that time that I'll have (e.g., what to do in lecture vs. tutorial settings).  Thanks.  Karla Kubitz