From:
June Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
June Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:35:12 +0000
Hi everyone, We have set up our teams before class of about 110 students by having students complete a survey in Blackboard asking: Their current GPA, their top 5 strengths on Strengths Finder, their learning preference using the VARK instrument, and where they are from. I make sure each team has at least 1 of every learning style, at least 1 with a strength of maximizer, achiever, or responsibility. Then I make sure the highest GPA and the lowest GPA students are evenly distributed, as well as evening out gender distribution and birth city/country. We wanted the groups to be as diverse as possible with a mix of strengths and characteristics that could contribute to team performance.

June

June Felice Johnson, BS, Pharm.D., FASHP, FCCP, BC-ADM

Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Clinical Sciences Department

Drake University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences

2507 University Avenue, Cline Atrium 009

Des Moines, Iowa  50311

Office: 515-271-1849

Fax: 515-271-4171

Email: [log in to unmask]