From:
Dee Fink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:43:18 -0600
TO:     Members of the TBL listserv:

Some weeks ago, on the TBL listserv, several people expressed a desire to
see some examples of good cases or group assignments.   After hearing that,
Larry Michaelsen and I talked and decided to ask people to send him a
description of one of your best assignments for groups when using TBL.
         If you can do this, Larry and I will go edit and organize them,
and the post them on the TBL website so everyone can see them.
         Note:  We will also indicate the source for each case or
assignment put on the website.  If you institution puts any weight on
contributions to the scholarship of teaching and learning, this should count!

I am "feeling my way" on what to ask you to do, but for starters, let me
suggest that you include the following in your description:
    * Information about the course in which the question/problem was used
        * Subject of course - number of students - anything else that seems
important
    * Description of the question/problem given to the groups
        * Include, if possible, all material needed
    * Results?
        * Kinds of learning it promoted - energy level of students - how it
created connections among different parts of the course - anything else??
Send your case to Larry at:  [log in to unmask]

Thanks,   Dee Fink

L. Dee Fink, Director                   Phone: 405-325-2323
Instructional Development Program       Email: [log in to unmask]
Hester Hall, Room 203           FAX:   405-325-7402
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK 73019                       IDP Website: www.ou.edu/idp

President of the POD Network [Professional and Organizational Development]
in Higher Education
Author of: Creating Significant Learning Experiences (Jossey-Bass, 2003)
Dee Fink's Website: www.ou.edu/idp/dfink.htm